Recently people have started looking for ways to eat healthily. As a result, chicken burgers have risen in popularity compared to classic beef burgers. A chicken patty contains fewer calories and saturated fats than a beef patty. A chicken burger consists of a cooked chicken patty placed between two burger buns. The chicken patty can be topped with cheese, lettuce, and sliced onions and tomatoes. You can also add a sauce of your choice to make the burger moister.
The chicken patty can be prepared by mixing ground chicken, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. You can also coat the patty with breadcrumbs and an egg to give it a crispy crust. You can cook the chicken patty either by grilling or frying. Placing the patty in the air fryer is also a good option. A simple juicy chicken burger recipe is discussed below. This recipe can easily be tried at home and is perfect when you have family over.
Classic Chicken Breast Burger Recipe
This burger requires a preparation time of 15 minutes and a cooking time of 10 minutes. It will take you a total of 25 minutes to prepare this burger, and it serves 4.
Patty Seasoning Ingredients
- One-third cup of white flour
- One teaspoon salt
- Half teaspoon black pepper
- Three-fourth teaspoon paprika
- One teaspoon thyme
- Half teaspoon garlic powder
- Half teaspoon onion powder
To Prepare the Burgers
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
- Two large onions (Use onions of choice)
- Two pieces of chicken breast (Cut into two horizontal steaks)
- Four-8 slices of melted cheese
- 4 Brioche burger buns (Can also use potato buns)
- One avocado
- Lettuce leaves
- Two tomatoes
- Half cup mayonnaise
- One Garlic Clove – large
- Mix the mayonnaise with the peeled garlic in a bowl and put it aside for 30 minutes or more. This will give the mayonnaise a great garlicky flavor.
- Combine all the seasoning in a flat bowl.
- Pound your chicken to a one-centimeter thickness. The chicken breast will look large, but no need to trim the sides; the chicken will shrink as it cooks.
- Take a skillet and heat it nicely. Drizzle one tablespoon of olive oil on it. If you are using a BBQ, drizzle the flat plate of the BBQ.
- Add the onions and cook until golden brown. This should take about five minutes. Sprinkle the onions with salt and pepper, then remove from heat.
- On the same skillet, drizzle some more olive oil.
- Take your chicken breast, coat it with seasoning and place it on the skillet. Cook the chicken breast on each side for two-three minutes.
- Turn off the heat and place a slice of cheese on the chicken breast. Cover with a lid and let the cheese melt through trapped heat.
- Place the chicken breast on a plate and loosely cover with foil while you assemble the burgers.
To Assemble the Burgers
- Preheat your oven to 160C and toast your burger buns. If you are toasting on the BBQ, simply toast the underside of the sliced buns.
- Scoop out the avocado and mash with the backside of a fork. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Smear the avocado on the base bun. Place the chicken patty and top with lettuce. Then put the browned onions and sliced tomatoes.
- Smear the top half of your bun with the mayonnaise. Place over the burger and enjoy while hot.
Ground Chicken Burger Recipe
- One pound of ground chicken breast
- Half cup breadcrumbs
- Mayonnaise (two tablespoons)
- minced onions (two tablespoons)
- Fresh Parsley (One tablespoon)
- Minced garlic clove
- Half teaspoon paprika
- Half teaspoon salt
- One-fourth teaspoon of black pepper, ground
- burger buns
- lettuce, red onions, and tomato to serve
- Take a bowl and place the ground chicken. Add the breadcrumbs, mayonnaise, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, and onions. Knead the mixture together until combined. Take care not to over mix the mixture.
- Preheat your grill. Set it to medium-high heat and make sure to oil its grates.
- Take your mixture and form patties. This mixture will form about four to six patties, depending on your preferred size.
- Make a dent on top of the patty with your thumb. This will keep the patty from shrinking, and the patty will cook evenly.
- Place the patties on the preheated grill and cook for ten minutes in total. Flip the burgers halfway. Make sure the internal temperature of the burgers reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Assemble your burgers. Make sure your buns are nicely toasted. You can toast them on the same grill you prepared the burger patties. Make sure the underside of the buns is golden brown.
- Lather some sauce over the buns. With this recipe, you can make a mayonnaise-sriracha sauce. Place your chicken patty and top it with lettuce, tomato slices, and thin onion slices.
- You can easily store any leftover burgers in the fridge for up to three days. Make sure to seal them in an air-tight container.
- If you don’t want to use mayonnaise in the ground chicken mixture, substitute it with an egg or sour cream. All three options serve the same purpose: to bind the patty.
- If you don’t wish to use breadcrumbs, you can use all-purpose flour. If you want your burgers to be gluten-free, you can use panko breadcrumbs, almond flour, or quick oats.
- These burgers contain a total of 272 calories each.
Our Final Thoughts
Try preparing the juicy chicken burger recipe at home when you get a chance. Both these recipes are simple and easy to prepare and make delicious burgers. You can enjoy these burgers on your own or with your family. Indulge in a lazy weekend with these delightful chicken burgers. Oh, and don’t forget a side of crispy fries and a cold beer or soda!