Are you looking for a healthy and flavorful vegan burger recipe? Look no more; we have you covered with the perfect recipe for tasty nut burgers.
You will forget all about the beef once you have tried our delicious nut burger recipe. This recipe is super tasty and easy to make. It requires a few essential ingredients that you can easily find all your nearby convenience store. No need to hunt down complicated ingredients at stores!
Even if you are a meat lover, you will fall in love with this burger and keep wanting more. The burgers hold perfectly well together and are packed with nutty and juicy flavor. The crispy brown patty is just the cherry on top!
If you have had a bad experience with bland veggies burgers in the past, we recommend you give our nut burger recipe a go. So without further ado, let’s begin!
Delicious Nut Burger Recipe
To prepare this delicious burger, we have listed the ingredients and directions.
Nut Burger Patty
- 1 cup of unsalted cashews nuts
- 1 cup of unsalted walnuts
- 1 cup of unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup of unsalted almonds
- One medium-sized onion
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of mixed dry herbs
- ¼ tsp of minced garlic
- Salt (to taste)
- ½ tsp of pepper
- 2 ½ tsp of curry
- 1 tbsp of cumin
- 1 tbsp of cayenne
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- To prepare the nut burger patty, start by pulsing the nuts in a food processor until they are fine. We recommend you do this step in batches and nuts are hard, and putting too many at once is likely to jam the machine. Pulse the nuts until they reach a powder-like consistency. The finer the nuts are chopped, the crispier the nut burger patty will turn out.
- Once the nuts are well chopped, the next step is to take a frying pan and add extra virgin olive oil. Once the oil has heated, add one finely chopped onion and keep mixing them until they turn soft and light brown. Continuously stirring will ensure that the onions don’t burn and are evenly cooked.
- You can use vegetable stock powder or cube to prepare the vegetable stock. If you want to use organic vegetable stock, you can prepare it by boiling some water and adding vegetables, and cooking the broth for at least 40 minutes. This process is time-consuming, so we suggest you go with vegetable stock powder or vegetable cubes if you are short on time.
- Take a large mixing bowl and combine the nut powder, sautéed onions, soy sauce, herbs and spices, and chia seeds and combine well. Add the vegetable broth, and don’t add it all at once to avoid the mixture becoming too clumpy. Keep adding in small amounts until the mixture reaches the desired consistency required to shape the patties.
- Set the mix aside for 5 to 10 minutes to allow it to set.
- At this point, the nut burger patty mixed needs to be manageable enough to form into patties.
- Shape the mixture into round burger patties. Coat your hand with a few drops of cool extra virgin olive oil to prevent the mixture from sticking to your hands. If you still find the mixture too sticky, add more breadcrumbs to it.
- Place the patties in the refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium to high heat and add two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil or cooking oil. When the oil is hot, add the patties and fry until they are lightly golden on each side. Cook each side for about 4 to 5 minutes and then flip the patty over and do the same for the other sides.
- Yum! The burger patties are ready. Don’t they smell amazing? All that is left is assembling the burgers. So, keep reading.
Assembling the Nut Burger
Here is how to assemble the burger for it to be perfectly ready for you to enjoy!
- Burger buns or whole-wheat bread from your favorite bakery
- Butter or olive oil
- One onion (thinly sliced)
- One tomato (thinly sliced)
- Cheese slices
- Four rinsed and chopped ice burg lettuce leaves
- 1 tbsp of mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp of ketchup or chili garlic sauce
- Hot sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Seasoning mixture
- To prepare the burgers, cut the burger buns in half and start by lightly coating the grill pan with butter or olive oil. Turn on the heat to medium.
- Once the pan is hot, place the burger buns on the pan and cook them for about 1 to 2 minutes on each side until they turn crispy and lightly golden. This step is optional, so if you prefer the bun as it is, you can directly jump to step 3.
- Caramelized onions are the secret to the perfect burger. However, they require patience as they take some time to caramelize but are worth the effort. Add thinly sliced onions, add a tablespoon of butter to a nonstick pan, andcaramelize the onions. Toss them around until they are translucent and perfectly caramelized. This process should take approximately 15 minutes on low heat. Once they are done, add in the tomatoes and toss them around for only a minute until they are soft.
- Spread ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, and hot sauce on the buns or bread.
- Now it’s time to assemble – layer the bun with ice burg lettuce, nut burger patty, grilled tomatoes, caramelized onions, and cheese slices.
- If you want to grill the burgers, in the end, using an oven, it is really simple to do so. Brush the baking tray with oil and place your burgers in the oven for about 5 minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
- Your delicious burgers are ready! Enjoy
Our Concluding Thoughts
Nut burger makes for the perfect meal, and we guarantee that all the meat lovers will enjoy it too! Try out this crispy nut burger recipe that is packed will flavor, and let us know what you think!
Check out our website for more delicious recipes and useful tips!