Taco burgers are a staple in Tex-Mex cuisine. A mixture of the Texas burger and the Mexican Taco, taco burgers are one of a kind. These juicy burgers contain a unique patty consisting of ground beef and other ingredients, such as taco seasoning, cheddar, pickles, onions, or chips. Moreover, the burger is topped with popular condiments such as guacamole and pico de gallo. You can also use an assortment of fresh vegetables such as lettuce leaves and tomatoes to top the burger.
Let’s look at some quick and easy taco burger recipes discussed below. If you love tacos and burgers, why not give these delicious recipes a go!
Simple Taco Burgers
These Taco burgers require a total preparation time of 25 minutes and make six servings. Each burger has 418 calories and 24 grams of fat.
- Corn chips, crushed – one cup
- Taco seasoning
- minced onion, dried – one tbsp.
- beaten egg – one
- Ground beef – One and a half pounds
- Cheddar cheese – six slices
- Burger buns – 6
- lettuce, tomato, salsa
- Take a large bowl and put the corn chips, the beaten egg, onions, and taco seasoning. Crumble the ground beef over this mixture. Combine the entire mixture lightly.
- Shape six patties out of this mixture, approximately half-inch thick.
- Preheat your grill over medium heat for a few minutes. Oil the grates so the patty does not stick. Grill the patties covered on medium heat. You can also broil if you prefer. Place the patties at least 4 inches from the heat. Cook for 7 minutes on each side until the meat thermometer reads 160 degrees when inserted in the center of the patty.
- Place a slice of cheese on each patty one minute before they are done. Let the cheese melt thoroughly. Remove the patties and place them on a plate. Let them sit for 5 minutes to cool down.
- Toast the burger buns on the grill until warm and soft.
- To assemble the burgers, place the lettuce leaves on the base bun. Put the beef patty over this. Top the patty with tomato slices and salsa.
- Serve immediately.
Classic Taco Burgers
The main course in Tex-Mex cuisine, these burgers are simple and easy to try at home. This recipe requires a cook time of 25 minutes and serves 4. Each burger contains 756 calories.
- sunflower oil – one tbs.
- Diced yellow onion, medium-sized – one
- Diced and seeded Jalapenos – two
- Minced garlic – four cloves
- Ground beef – one pound
- Chilli powder – two tbs.
- Cumin, grounded – one tbs.
- Dried oregano – one tbs.
- Kosher salt – two tsp.
- Grounded black pepper – one tsp.
- Ripe tomatoes, diced, one-fourth cup
- Cilantro, chopped, half cup
- Refried beans, half cup
- Lime Juice – one tbs.
- Burger buns -4
- Sliced cheddar – one cup
- Iceberg lettuce
- Ripe tomatoes – sliced
- pickled jalapeno
- Start by making the topping. Take a large-sized skillet and heat some oil. Add the diced onions and jalapenos and cook on medium-high heat. Stir for five minutes until the onions soften, add the garlic and cook for half a minute more.
- Take another skillet and add the ground beef, diced tomatoes, cilantro, salt, pepper, chili powder, oregano, and cumin. Stir until well combined.
- Turn the heat down and let the mixture simmer for about 15 minutes until the meat is browned.
- Stir the refried beans and lime juice in this mixture and keep stirring until all the ingredients are well mixed and warmed. Taste the mixture and adjust the seasoning. Take off the heat.
- Warm the buns on another dry skillet. The sliced underside of the buns should be lightly browned. The buns should also be thoroughly warmed.
- Spread one-fourth of the ground beef filling on each bun. Top with a handful of shredded cheese. On the top half of the bun, spread a thick layer of guacamole, then place the tomatoes and lettuce. Sandwich the buns together. Serve immediately with pickled jalapenos on the side.
Juicy Homemade Taco Burgers
These delicious burgers are well stacked with guacamole, pico de gallo, and crispy lettuce leaves. A fan of Tex-Mex cuisine? You got to try these burgers at home! This requires a cook time of 25 minutes and makes five servings.
- Ground beef – 1.67 pounds. Use 85% lean ground beef.
- Taco seasoning
- chunky salsa
- sharp cheddar
- Pico de Gallo
- burger buns
- lettuce leaves
- Preheat your outdoor grill to 350 degrees. Oil the grill so the patties don’t stick.
- Take a large mixing bowl and place the ground beef. Combine the salsa and the cheese with the beef. Combine well. Shape five patties, about a three-fourth inch thick ideally. Mix lightly; otherwise, the patties will become dense and heavy.
- Make sure to take beef that is 80% lean and 20% fat. Even 85% lean will do fine. Due to the high-fat content in the beef, the patty will become flavorful and juicy. However, keep in mind that burgers with a high-fat ratio tend to shrink more.
- Place the patties on the grill for four to five minutes on each side until the patties reach the level of doneness you want. Make sure you don’t cook the patties on high heat. Instead, cook them on low to medium heat, so the patty cooks thoroughly. This will also keep the burgers juicier.
- Butter the buns and place them on the grill to toast. Place the buttered portion of the buns downward on the grill. Make sure the buns are well toasted and thoroughly warmed.
- Place lettuce on the base layer of the bun. Put your beef patty over this. Apply a thick layer of guacamole over the patty. Top with pico de gallo and form the burger.
Our Final Thoughts
Life doesn’t get any better than a taco burger. A hybrid of the Mexican taco and the Texan burger, these burgers are packed with flavor. Check out the quick and easy taco burger recipes discussed in this blog. If you love cooking at home, trying these recipes is a must. You and your family will delightfully devour these succulent burgers in minutes.