Brisket burgers gave patties made of beef brisket. Brisket is a specific cut of multi-purpose beef and can be used in many dishes. Brisket is derived from the lower breast of the cow or the pectoral muscles and is best cooked through low and slow cooking.
Brisket is usually a large cut of meat that weighs 10-14 pounds and consists of two overlapping muscles. For most people, a pound of brisket is mostly enough, and half a pound of the raw brisket equals a single serving. Raw brisket can be stored in the freezer for six months to a year.
Brisket is great for braising and preparing corned beef and served in roasts and can be grounded and made into patties for burgers. These burgers can be enjoyed with an assortment of toppings and sauces.
Let’s look at some brisket burger recipes you can easily prepare at home.
Brisket Burger Recipes
Burger enthusiasts must try these simple and easy brisket burger recipes.
Perfect Brisket Burgers
The brisket should be freshly grounded for this recipe. This ground brisket must then be spiced and smoked to absolute perfection.
Your brisket burger will be even more flavorful if you grind your beef. After trying these brisket burgers, you won’t want to go back to ordinary ground beef! You can also store these cooked burger patties wrapped in foil or stored in a Ziploc bag for up to 3 days. To reheat the cooked patty, put a tablespoon of water in a skillet and place the patty. Cook for 5-8 minutes.
Beef Brisket, salt, pepper, paprika, mustard *dry), onion powder, powdered garlic, brown sugar, thyme, sliced tomato, lettuce leaves, buns, and sauces (BBQ sauce, mayo, ketchup, and mustard)
- Begin by cutting the brisket into small chunks. Put the chopped brisket through a chilled meat grinder. Depending on the consistency you like, you can put it through once or twice. Running the meat through twice will give you a finer consistency of ground beef.
- Mix the ground beef with other dry ingredients. These include brown sugar, salt, pepper, paprika, dry mustard, Chile powder, onion powder, and garlic. Mix all the ingredients using your hands. Be careful not to over mix as it will make the meat chewier.
- Pat the meat into round patties and create an indentation in the center of the patty.
- Prepare your grill by preheating it to 350 degrees. Using wood like hickory or oak will create a nice smoke flavor.
- Cook your burgers in indirect heat for 5-7 minutes on each side. Flip the burgers and continue cooking until the patties reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Total cooking time will be approx. 15 minutes.
- Remove the burgers from the grill and serve them over burger buns. Top with lettuce, tomato, and sauces.
Simple Brisket Burgers
These simple brisket burgers are made from inexpensive beef brisket. For the leanest option, get the flat cut of brisket. You can always add sauces of choice, such as ketchup or mustard, but this burger also tastes great simply with cheese, tomatoes, and lettuce.
Flat cut beef brisket (trimmed and chopped), olive oil, salt and pepper, cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, whole wheat buns, lettuce leaves, tomato slices
- Put the brisket through the meat grinder. Make sure the grinder is well chilled. Place the meat in a large bowl and combine with some olive oil. Pass meat through the grinder two times. This will ensure great consistency. Pat the meat into half-inch-thick patties. Create a small indentation in the centre of each patty. Cover the patties and place them in the fridge to chill. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Coat the grill rack with cooking spray and place on the grill. Sprinkle patties with salt and pepper and place on grill. Grill for 3 minutes on each side.
- Place a slice of cheese on the patty and grill for another minute or until the cheese melts.
- Serve the patties in burger buns. Top with lettuce leaves and sliced tomatoes. You can also lather sauce on the buns if you wish.
- If you don’t have time to grind your beef, you can always purchase a pre-ground brisket. The spices and accompaniments listed in the recipe will still produce a wonderfully light burger.
Texas Style Brisket Burgers
Beef brisket, fat, coleslaw, onion rings, burger bun, sliced pickles
- Place the brisket pieces in a plastic bag and place them in the freezer for an hour. This will get the meat nice and cold. Also, freeze parts of your grinder so the meat passes through cold.
- Pass the meat through the grinder once. If you prefer, you can also put it through twice.
- Once the meat is ground, mix it with a Texas brisket rub. This will contain all the seasoning you need. It is advised to season lightly as putting too much will make the burgers dense.
- Portion the meat into equal-sized balls. You can make smaller balls for thinner patties that are stackable. Or you can make larger balls for singular thick beefy patties.
- Press the balls flat using your hands
- Take a cast-iron skillet and preheat it. Light brush with oil and place your patties in it. Cook for 5-8 minutes and flip them through halfway.
- Remove from the skillet and set aside to cool down.
- Assemble your burgers. Place the sliced pickles on the toast and your patties on top. Top with coleslaw and onion rings.
Our Final Thoughts
Once you taste wholesome and delicious brisket burgers, you will not want to resort back to simple ground beef. Brisket burgers have a great taste and can be enjoyed with and without sauces. If you love eating meat and have not tried out any of these brisket burger recipes yet, you are surely missing out!