Different regions in the United States have their take on the classic hamburger. Avocado burgers are hugely popular in California, the country’s largest avocado producer. You can include avocado in your burger in many ways. You can simply slice the avocado or mash it and add seasoning. You can also make an avocado crema with sour cream or Greek yogurt. Guacamole is also a popular topping for avocado burgers.
Including avocado in your beef burger adds more flavor and juiciness to the burger. Such burgers are great for summer, especially if you plan a get-together or outdoor barbeque. Try out the avocado burger recipe discussed in this blog. These recipes are quick and easy to make for everyone in the family to enjoy!
Quick Avocado Burgers
This avocado burger recipe is quick and easy and makes four servings. The burgers are juicy and delicious and perfect for a summer family barbeque! Each burger contains 453 calories.
- Half an Avocado
- Ground beef – one Pound
- Salt – half teaspoon
- Black pepper – one fourth teaspoon
- Olive oil – one tablespoon
- hamburger buns -four
- sliced tomatoes and lettuce – for serving
Avocado Crema Ingredients
- one avocado – ripe
- Greek yogurt or sour cream – one-fourth cup
- salt – one teaspoon
- black pepper – half teaspoon
- Lime zest
- Start by making the Avocado crema. Combine all the crema ingredients in a food processor. Season with black pepper and salt. Place the crema in a bowl and put it in the fridge until ready to use.
- Take a bowl and place the ground beef. Mash the half avocado and add to the beef. Add salt and black pepper. Make four half-inch thick patties.
- Preheat the outdoor grill or a cast-iron skillet. Coat with olive oil. Add the burger patties and sear until the patties are golden brown. This will take 4 minutes on each side.
- Warm the buns on the grill or pan. Make sure the buns are fully warmed and toasted on the sliced underside. Lather the avocado crema on both sides of the bun. Place the lettuce leaves and then the beef patty. Top with sliced tomatoes. Serve immediately.
- You can also top your burgers with pickled onions or sautéed mushrooms.
- You can easily store these burgers in an airtight container for four days in the fridge. Before eating, warm them on the stovetop until thoroughly warmed.
California Avocado Burgers
These classic burgers are juicy and one of a kind. This recipe prepares a total of six burgers.
- Worcestershire sauce – one and a half teaspoon
- Salt – one and a half teaspoon
- Black pepper – three-fourth teaspoon
- California Avocados – one and a half
- lettuce leaves as needed
- two sliced onions
- two sliced tomatoes
- six sesame seed burger buns
- Place the ground beef in a large bowl. Combine it with salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Shape the beef into half-inch-thick patties. Place the patties in the refrigerator for at least thirty minutes.
- You can broil, grill, or pan-fry your beef patties. Lightly coat the grill or pan with oil, so the patties don’t stick. Cook each side for 10 to 15 minutes until it reaches the level of doneness you desire. It’s best to check the internal temperature of the patties with a meat thermometer instead of relying solely on color.
- While the burgers cook, peel and mash your avocado. Use a large avocado for more taste.
- Toast the burger buns. Make sure the buns are warmed thoroughly and golden on the sliced underside of the buns.
- First, place the lettuce leaves on the base patty to assemble the burgers. You can also use baby arugula or spinach for a richer taste. Then place the sliced tomatoes and onions.
- Place the cooked meat patty over the fresh vegetables. Top with mashed or sliced avocado.
- Serve while warm.
Bacon and Avocado Burgers
These Bacon and Avocado burgers are a great treat. The crispy bacon and smooth cheddar add to the burgers’ overall deliciousness. These burgers require a total cook and prep time of 30 minutes. This recipe makes four servings.
- Ketchup – one-fourth cup plus two tablespoons
- Mayonnaise – one-fourth cup
- Finely chopped pickles – one-fourth cup
- White vinegar – two teaspoons
- Dry mustard – half teaspoon
- Cayenne pepper – half teaspoon
- Bay seasoning – one-fourth teaspoon
- ground black pepper
- Ground chuck – two pounds
- Sliced and toasted burger buns – preferably brioche
- Sliced smooth cheddar
- crisped bacon
- sliced avocado
- sliced tomatoes
- lettuce leaves
- Place the ground chuck in a bowl and season it with two teaspoons of salt and half a teaspoon of pepper.
- Gently mix until well combined. Form four three-fourth inch patties.
- Place the burger patties on an outdoor grill. Preheat the grill to medium-high and grill for four minutes on each side. This will make medium-rare patties.
- Take a small bowl and add the ketchup, mayonnaise, vinegar, dry mustard, pickles, bay seasoning, and cayenne pepper to make the sauce. Also, add salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Lightly toast your brioche buns until thoroughly warmed. Lather the sauce on the underside of both buns.
- Place the lettuce leaves and sliced tomatoes on the base bun. Place your patty over these vegetables. Top with sliced avocado and crispy bacon.
- Enjoy immediately.
Our Final Thoughts
The addition of avocado adds depth and flavor to a burger. From giving the ground meat great flavor to different toppings, you can use avocado in multiple ways. Avocados give burgers a rich, creamy taste and are also a nutrient-dense topping option and are an excellent alternative for other toppings that might be high in calories and saturated fats. Avocados make burgers more satisfying and tastier and are low in calories. A single serving of avocado contains 80 calories and plenty of vitamins and minerals. Half of a medium-sized avocado contains 130 calories and is easily enough for two. Avocados are great for using in burgers and wraps, making your meal more wholesome and delicious.