Let’s talk burgers. Some crazy recipes out there will boggle your mind and tickle your taste buds. Thanks to the internet, you can now access cooking resources at your fingertips. Meaning: If you are craving a certain food type, you can easily find the recipe online. Don’t have some of the ingredients used in the recipe? Google will spit out dozens of substitutes.
So, when it comes to burgers, the list is pretty long. You have your classic beef and chicken patty burgers, luxury lobster meat or tuna burgers, exotic spices burgers like Cajun spice, veggie burgers, pulled pork burgers, and more.
Today, we are about to share a special burger, a smoked burger known as the Traeger burger. The Traeger burger recipe has a few simple ingredients, which you will easily find in your pantry. One unique thing about this burger recipe is that the patties are cooked on the Traeger grill. Want to know more about what makes this burger so unique? Let’s find out.
What Is a Traeger Burger?
Traeger Grill: ASIN B082N6BV3X
Traeger’s Wood Pellet Oven line gives your food unrivaled wood flavor, unlocking its true potential. The grill’s 6-in-1 features allow you to grill, bake, smoke, braise, BBQ, and roast with hardwood flavor. Its price ranges between $600 and $10,000.
Traeger’s unbeatable taste is thanks to the 100% all-natural wood delivered directly from its sawmill. For real flavor, Traeger offers a variety of scented woods, including Hickory, Mesquite, Pecan, and Sweet Apple, that help you customize the taste of your food.
All you need to do to get that smoky flavor is load up the hopper with your choice of wood pellets, set the temperature, and press the ignition button. The pellets are then carried by the auger system to the fire pot. Here, the pellets are ignited by the hot rod. The speed fan circulates the smoke and heat evenly, giving you the best food you have ever tasted in your life.
Since the grill offers multiple cooking options, you can use frozen bread dough to make completely fresh burgers. Today, Runza is available in many restaurants, mostly in Nebraska. If you have never had a cabbage burger, we recommend trying out one of the recipes.
A Traeger burger is usually made with ground beef. However, you can use ground chicken as well for the patties.
Let’s take a look at how to make these burgers:
Classic Traeger Burger
A classic Traeger burger recipe does not have more than six ingredients. We suggest adding fewer condiments if you want to taste that smoky flavor. We recommend buying their rubs and sauces to get the proper Traeger burger experience. Whether it’s a burger or steak you are craving, they have the ingredients to make it taste phenomenal.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
- Ground Beef: 1 Pound
- Salt: 1 Teaspoon
- Black Pepper: ½ Teaspoon
- Cabbage: ¼ (Finely Shredded)
- Onion: 2 (Thinly Sliced)
- Butter (Melted)
- Sliced Pickles
- White Burger Buns: 4
- American Cheese: 4 Slices
- Traeger Beef Rub (Optional)
Prepare the Meat
- Season the ground beef with salt, pepper, and Traeger rub
- Divide the meat into four parts and make patties
Prepare the Grill
- Place a griddle on the grill, turn the heat to 450°F and close the lid
- Let the grill heat for 15 minutes
Prepare the Caramelized Onions
- Rub the griddle with butter and caramelize the sliced onions in it
- Place the patties on the griddle and grill them for 5 minutes on each side
- Place the caramelized onions on the patty and top with a cheese slice
Assemble the Burgers
- Toast the buns on the griddle
- Place the beef patties on the bottom half of the bun
- Add ketchup and mustard
- Top with cabbage and pickles
- Cover the burger with the other half of the bun
Traeger Candied Bacon Burger
Imagine biting into a burger that assaults your taste buds with multiple flavors. The strong smell of Hickory, the salty taste of a special sauce, and sweet bacon with a satisfying crunch… is your mouth watering?
That’s what a Traeger burger offers. This Traeger burger recipe uses ground beef, but you are welcome to use any meat you want. The meat is flavored with chili, garlic, and onion. Only a few spices are added to ensure the wood pellets’ smell comes out in full force. This burger is best enjoyed with a glass of apple cider or your favorite beer.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour 45 Minutes
- Ground Beef: 1 ½ Pound
- Eggs: 4
- Garlic Powder: 1 Teaspoon
- Onion Powder: 1 Teaspoon
- Chili Powder: 1 Teaspoon
- Salt: 1 Teaspoon
- Black Pepper: ½ Teaspoon
- Bacon Strips
- Cheddar Cheese Slices: 4
- Browns Sugar: 1 Teaspoon
- Hamburger Buns: 4
Prep the Grill
- Heat the grill to 225°F and close the lid
Prepare the Meat
- Season the ground beef with salt, pepper, Traeger rub (optional), onion powder, chili powder, and garlic powder.
- Form 4 patties and make sure they are slightly larger in size because the meat will shrink on the grill.
Make the Patties
- Grill patties for a little more than an hour on slow heat. Once the internal temperature of the patty reaches 140°F, turn up the heat and cook for 6 minutes on each side.
- Place a cheese slice on top and slide the patties into a corner.
- Place the bacon strips on the grill, sprinkle them with brown sugar, and splash them with maple syrup.
- Keep turning the strips until they get a nice brown color.
Assemble the Burger
- Fry the eggs on the grill, sunny-side up.
- Place the cheese-covered patty on the bottom half of the bun.
- Top with the bacon strip and fried egg.
- Add a dash of hot sauce or Traeger’s Sweet & Heat sauce and place the other half of the bun on top.
You might think you can’t make a Traeger burger without a Traeger grill. The good news is that plenty of other grills in the market offer the same features.
If you have a standard grill with no hopper, you can buy a smoke tube that will allow you to make smoked burgers. However, if you want to follow our Traeger burger recipe, this grill is a must. Do browse the rubs and sauces section at Traeger’s website. They will give your burger a unique taste, better than what is served at restaurants.