Sausages are a favorite in countless cuisines. They can be made with different meats and in different styles. From mild fresh sausages to spicy and heavily cured ones, options are aplenty. You can also prepare sausages in various ways, such as boiling, pan-frying, or grilling. The sausage base can also be made from different meats such as chicken, beef, pork, or seafood.
The desired type of meat is grounded and mixed with fat, salt, and other seasonings to make sausages. Sometimes fillers like breadcrumbs can also be used as well as preservatives. Once the sausage mixture is made, it is filled into casings, and links are formed. Sausages can be eaten cooked and even raw if they are heavily cured and dried.
One excellent way to eat sausages is in the form of a burger. A variation of the classic hamburger, sausage burgers are succulent and tasty enough to be devoured instantly. They are also quick and easy to make if you are pressed for time, and with a side of salad or fries, these burgers make a great meal for both individuals and families.
Sausage Burger Recipes
Let’s discuss some sausage burger recipes below.
Italian Style Sausage Burgers
These Italian-style sausage burgers are quite easy to prepare and require a cooking time of 25 minutes. The ingredients you will require are as follows:
- Italian sausage meat, an egg, panko, finely chopped garlic, basil and oregano, prosciutto, provolone cheese, arugula, basil flavored sour cream, cayenne pepper, and burger buns.
- Take a large bowl and place the Italian sausage meat. Combine this meat with the egg, panko, oregano, basil, and cayenne pepper until it is well mixed. Shape the mixture into burger patties and place in a refrigerator. Ensure they are covered and keep them in for 1-2 hours.
- Take a frying pan and lightly drizzle it with olive oil. Cook the prosciutto in the pan for 1-2 minutes on medium heat. Place the prosciutto on a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Preheat the grill of a natural gas barbeque. Place the burger patties for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked completely.
- Line the buns with sour basil cream. Plate the burger patty and top it with prosciutto, cheese arugula, and tomatoes. Serve while hot.
Spicy Sausage Burgers
Love spices? Give these spicy sausage burgers a try! These burgers are easy to make and will satiate all your spicy food cravings!
The required ingredients are as follows:
- Ground beef, ground beef sirloin, Hot Italian sausage with removed casings, olive oil, salt, and pepper
- Place all three kinds of meat, the ground beef, ground beef sirloin, and hot Italian sausage, in a bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and knead together using your hands.
- Pat the mixture into thick patties and begin grilling right away. If not grilling, immediately store the patties in the fridge.
- For grilling, preheat the gas oven and spray with cooking oil. Don’t forget to spray the cooking; otherwise, your patties will stick to the grilling racks. Grill the patties for 4-5 minutes for a medium-rare; grill for 3 minutes if you like the patties on the rare side. Suppose you want well-done patties, grill for at least 6 minutes.
- Flip the patties around halfway and make sure the meat is well charred from the exterior.
- Before removing the patties off the grill, use a meat thermometer and check that the temperature inside the patty has reached 155 degrees Fahrenheit. This will ensure the meat is safe to consume.
- Line your burger buns with a mixture of mayo and sriracha. You can also add some extra hot sauce for an extra kick. Place the patty on the bun and top with lettuce and thin onion and tomato slices. Place the top half of the bun and enjoy.
Classic Sausage Burger
Can’t decide between grilling sausages or having them in burger form? This delicious recipe will help you make up your mind!
The ingredients you will require are:
Loose pork sausage, burger buns, olive oil, bell peppers, yellow onions, red wine vinegar, honey, kosher salt, and pepper.
- Take the loose pork sausage and pat it into the patty shape. The patties should be around four and a half inches in thickness.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Spray with cooking oil and place the patties on the grill. Cook the patties for 5 minutes on each side or until completely cooked.
- Pour some olive oil into a saucepan and add the peppers and onions to the pan. Stir these for 8-10 minutes until nice and soft. Add the vinegar and honey to the pan and continue cooking until the mixture thickens. This will take about 2 minutes. Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Layer the burger patties with ketchup and mayonnaise. You can also add some hot sauce for an extra kick. Serve the pork patties on the pun and top with the onion and pepper mixture.
Our Final Thoughts
If you love sausages, try out these sausage burger recipes at home. There are many different types of sausages made from different meats. To make a sausage burger choose your favorite variety. Also, if you are ever confused about how to prepare sausage, remember sausage burgers are a great method. These burgers are delightful to consume due to their fabulous taste. You can have them for lunch or dinner. They also make a great family meal, especially if your family loves burgers. If you love spicy food, do try the spicy sausage burger. Also, if you can’t resist Italian food, the Italian-style sausage burger is your go-to item. If you are in the mood for something more old-school, the classic sausage burger should be your number one choice.