Do you love playing with different food combinations and experimenting with fun and yummy recipes? We have you covered with this Quesadilla burger recipe if you want an out-of-the-box recipe.
You’re in for a treat if you’ve never had a Quesadilla Burger. Ingredients from both recipes are blended into one burger and Quesadilla for a unique flavor that will be a treat to your taste buds. The best part is that this delicious cheesy Quesadilla burger recipe can be made in under an hour!
What Is A Quesadilla Burger?
Quesadilla is Mexican cuisine that is made with cheese and burgers. Quesadillas first originated in the south region of Mexico, where people used to bake tortillas filled with pumpkin and squash to eat as dessert. In contrast, Burgers are believed first to have originated from Germany.
Quesadilla burgers are popular food items sold by many restaurants worldwide.
Quesadilla burger features mouthwatering burger patties stuffed inside a Quesadilla. Additions of delicious ingredients such as tomatoes, jalapenos, and yummy salsa make this recipe flavorful and fit for any occasion like movie nights, picnics on the beach, or even just a family lunch at home.
Quesadilla Burger Recipe
This quesadilla burger is made with rich ingredients like juicy beef patties, Mexican ranch sauce, cheddar cheese, fresh lettuce, etc. Here is the complete recipe for a Quesadilla burger to try at home!
1 lb. ground beef
2 tbsp. olive oil or butter
Tortillas of your choice (flour, corn, Tostada)
½ tbsp. salt
1/4 tbsp. pepper
One tomato (thinly chopped)
1 sliced cucumber
5 tbsp. onion (chopped)
3-4 jalapenos (per tortilla) (optional)
Bacon slices (Optional)
- To make the burger patties, mix black pepper and salt with 1lb ground beef
- Form 3-4 patties with your hands
- Add olive oil or butter to a skillet and heat it on medium to high flame for 2 minutes
- Place the burger patties on the pan and cook on a medium flame for around four to five minutes
- Flip each side after 4-5 minutes to ensure both sides get cooked evenly
- Add cheddar cheese on top of the patties and cook until it melts
- Take the cooked patties outside of the pan and set them aside
- To assemble, take each cooked Pattie and place it on a quesadilla
- Add toppings to your patty (Iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, jalapenos, Pico De Gallo)
- Add Mexican ranch sauce or any other sauce of your choice to the Pattie (ketchup, thousand island sauce, hot sauce)
- You can skip it and add some grilled chicken to your quesadilla burger if you don’t eat beef.
- You can make vegetarian Quesadilla burgers by using store-bought vegetable burger patties or making some at home.
- If you are a health freak, you can make quesadillas at home.
- Make some delicious sidelines to serve with the Quesadilla burger.
- Sprinkle some crumbled nachos on top of the Quesadilla burger for some added crunch
- Rather than opting for store-bought pre-shredded lettuce, buy an entire head of lettuce and slice it yourself. This will ensure that the topping is fresh and much crunchier.
- When preparing the meat and creating the patties by hand, don’t overwork it. This keeps your burgers from becoming dry.
How to Make Your Mexican Ranch Sauce?
Mexican ranch sauce can easily be bought from a store. However, if you want to try making it at home, here is an easy method to do so:
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- ½ cup canned salsa
- ½ sour cream
- 1 tbsp. each garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and salt
Mix all these ingredients, and there you have it; your homemade Mexican ranch sauce will be ready to use.
What Sidelines Can I Serve With The Quesadilla Burger?
Quesadilla Burgers cannot thoroughly be enjoyed without sidelines. Nothing hits better than a Quesadilla burger with heavenly sidelines and a nice drink. Here are a few sideline ideas for you to make with your Quesadilla Burger:
- French fries
- Onion rings
- Egg rolls
- Baked potato wedges
- Roasted sweet potatoes
- Seasoned corn
- Fruit salad
- Garlic cucumbers
- Mini garlic bread bites
- Pickled vegetables
- Air fried broccoli
- Mashed potatoes
- Pasta salad
- Baked beans
- Shitake mushrooms
- Baked chips
- Cheese stuffed peppers
- Grilled corn
- Roasted Asparagus
- Avocado salad
- Roasted cauliflower
How To Store And Reheat The Quesadilla Burger?
It’s ideal to prepare your burger shortly before eating it for the most outstanding results. The Pattie becomes firm or mushy after refrigeration and warming, giving the dish a nasty texture.
However, if you have a busy lifestyle and cannot prepare the whole dish at once, a great way to save time is to prepare the components ahead of time and keep them separately till you’re ready to assemble the dish!
The lettuce and cheese must be shredded and stored in sealed containers or zip-lock plastic bags. The Pattie should be made and refrigerated after packing in freezer bags and pan-fried before assembling the burger.
You can even make the Mexican ranch sauce as shown above and keep it in the fridge for around a week. Furthermore, if you have leftovers, remove the Quesadilla and heat the hamburger Pattie in the microwave. After that, heat the tortillas on a pan, add a few more toppings for juiciness, and eat up!
Our Final Thoughts
The crunchy fresh tortilla and the juicy meat and toppings guarantee a burst of flavors in your mouth. Recreate this recipe at home with your loved ones, and it will be a fun bonding experience for you. So what are you waiting for? Make an ingredients list, head out and get everything to start making this Quesadilla burger recipe at home.
Don’t forget to follow the instructions mentioned above to store any leftovers to ensure they are equally delicious the next time you decide to make this recipe. Last but not least, don’t forget to try this combo made from two Mexican and American dishes!