Do you want to take your burgers to the next level? There is something special about making burgers at home; you can try different recipes and add different ingredients till you find the burger that makes your heart sing with joy. Salty bacon and naturally sweet peanut butter are two combinations that will make your next burger taste amazing.
A peanut butter burger recipe may sound odd at first, but we assure you, peanut butter paired with a hamburger tastes ridiculously delicious. You might find these burgers at restaurants under fancy names, such as a “Guber” burger. We personally like our burgers with crispy lettuce, red onion, and bacon. Of course, peanut butter is the star of this recipe, so we can’t complete our recipe without that. However, keep in mind that you can add whatever you want to; let your creativity be free. The only important thing is that you cook your patty perfectly.
Peanut Butter Burger Recipe
We love peanut butter in our burgers because its texture is perfect- it is creamy and melts perfectly to provide a gooey interior that makes your burger super soft. The sweet taste of the peanut butter, combined with some salty, crispy bacon, will have you aching for more.
Furthermore, the use of red onions in this recipe is a great way to add a kick of spice and some crunch. A quick trick to make your burger patties extra juicy is by adding cold water to them. Believe us when we say that this is a game-changer that will leave people wondering how your beef burgers taste so good.
We recommend getting buns with toasted sesame seeds that can be slathered with a generous amount of butter. This will help bring all the ingredients together and leave you with the best peanut butter burger you have ever tried.
- Ground beef: 1 1/3 pounds
- Bacon: 8 strips
- Peanut butter: ¼ cup
- Red onions: 1 cup, sliced
- Lettuce: leafed and washed
- Water: 2 tablespoons cold
- Salt: To taste
- Pepper: To taste
The toppings for the burger patty need to be prepared before you cook your patties. They should be kept ready to assemble so that you do not waste any time.
After all, the peanut butter burgers need to be served hot.
Use two tablespoons of cold water and mix it with the beef.
Evenly divide your ground beef into four balls. You can use your hands to ensure that the patties are of the same size. You do not want them to be bigger or smaller than the hamburger buns. Moreover, you must ensure that the patties are packed tightly around the edges.
In the center of each patty, make a slight depression with your thumb.
Both sides of the patty need to be seasoned with salt and pepper.
Take a big skillet and heat it over the stove. Use medium heat. Once the skillet has become sufficiently hot, put the hamburgers in it carefully. Continue cooking till the beef starts to release some juices. This should take 3 to 5 minutes. Once you see this happen, flip the patty to the other side.
When cooking the other side of the patty, take a generous helping of peanut butter and spread it on the patty evenly. Remember, you can add as much peanut butter as you want. The key is to be generous.
Assemble the burgers.
Assembling the Peanut Butter Beef Burger
- Toast the burger buns for the perfect crunch.
- Butter both sides of the bun with some garlic butter.
- Put some lettuce and spinach on one bun.
- Add some crispy red onions to the bun as well. To make your onions extra crispy, put them in ice water for a couple of minutes before adding them to your bun. However, make sure to dry them sufficiently so that they do not make your burger soggy.
- Add the burger patty with the peanut butter to the fun.
- Add in two slices of crisp bacon on top of the patty for some extra crunch.
- You can also layer peanut butter on the empty side of the burger bun if you want.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Oil Needed To Fry The Burger?
When you cook the hamburger patties, you do not need to add oil or any other ingredient to the skillet or frying pan. The fat in the ground beef will be enough to grease the pan. Once the juices from the beef are released, they will act like oil in which the beef will be fried.
2. How Can You Ensure that the Hamburgers Do Not Dry Out?
We would recommend that you do not use lean meat. Using 80/20 ground meat is a better option since it will ensure that your burger is juicy and delicious. Even though extra fat might not be the healthiest option, it is the secret to keeping your patty moist.
Tips for the Best Peanut Butter Burger Recipe
- A few tablespoons of cold water must be added to the beef before you start forming patties.
- Before you fry the beef, let it sit at room temperature. Cold patties take a longer amount of time to cook all the way through the center. Moreover, they can cause the outside to dry up before the insides are sufficiently cooked.
- A thumb-sized impression is important to make in the middle of the patty before you start to cook it. When the patty cooks, it will start to thicken in the center. The indent will ensure that the patty stays flat so that it can cook more evenly.
- When frying the burgers, do not touch or play with them. Allow them to lay flat in the pan and wait for them to change color till you flip them.
- The bacon should be cooked in the oven so that it can provide some crispiness before you add it to your burger.
Our Final Thoughts
It is important to follow this peanut butter burger recipe as closely as possible. The tiniest mistake could leave you with a strange-tasting burger, and no one wants that. That being said, you can play around with the toppings and change the peanut butter proportions depending on your preferences.