The classic hamburger rose to popularity in the United States post-war boom. Burgers were fast and easy to prepare. They were perfect for a busy life on the go. Many fast-food chains such as Mcdonald’s and In-N-Out popularized the hamburger until it was known and loved. Today if you love a good old burger, you’re not alone! Burgers with a side of French fries are among the most popular fast food items today. With time many variations of the classic burger came about. These included fried chicken burgers, Mexican Burgers, poached egg burgers, and the like.
Burgers with creative toppings are also a creative take on the classic burger. If you are a burger lover and tired of eating out, try making your burgers at home. When preparing your burger, you can get as creative with burger toppings as possible. You can use caramelized onions, salsa, or even jalapeño’s as toppings.
In this blog, we will discuss an exciting jalapeño burger recipe. These recipes are easy to prepare and easily curb all your burger cravings. Jalapeños can be sliced and added to your burger as part of the topping. They can also be used in the sauce and included in the patty.
Easy to Make jalapeño Burger Recipe
The Classic Jalapeño Cheeseburger
In this recipe, the classic cheeseburger is upgraded with the presence of diced jalapeños. The jalapeños add depth to the burger and give it an edge. Other topping ingredients include fried bacon, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper jack cheese. Assembled, they create the most delightful cheeseburger for you to indulge in.
- To prepare this jalapeño cheeseburger, start by heating your grill to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef with the Worcestershire sauce and the diced jalapeños. Create thick round-shaped patties and season them with salt and pepper. Place the patties on the preheated grill for 4-6 minutes on each side. Place a slice of cheese on each patty and continue grilling for another minute until the cheese has melted.
- Grill your bacon on the same grill alongside the burger patties.
- Once the bacon and burger patties a removed from the grill, place your buns on the grill until warm and toasty.
- Take the buns out and layer them with sauce. This sauce can be of your choice. You can use barbeque sauce or any other variation. Place the burger patties and top with pickles and bacon. You can also add sliced jalapeño and sliced onions.
- Place the top of the bun and finish assembling your burger.
The Jalapeño, Onion, and Garlic Cheeseburger
Are you craving a good old burger? Try preparing the Jalapeño, Garlic, and onion cheeseburger at home. This burger pairs well with a side of creamy mashed potatoes and, of course, a beer. Not only is this recipe delicious, but also pretty quick to prepare. It requires a total cook time of 10 minutes and a preparation time of 15 minutes.
You will require hamburger buns, pepper jack cheese, ground beef, chopped onion, minced garlic, and chopped jalapenos.
- Start by preheating your grill.
- Next, take a bowl and mix the beef, chopped jalapeños, onion, and garlic. When well-mixed, form thick round-shaped patties.
- Place the patties on your grill for 4-6 minutes. Grill until all liquid residue has dried from the patties. Top the patties with pepper jack cheese and grill for another 1 minute until the cheese is melted and smooth.
- Toast your buns on the same grill as the patties until the buns’ underside is nicely toasted.
- Line your buns with sauce. This can be barbeque sauce or any other sauce of your liking. You can also use honey mustard or ketchup, mayonnaise, and a hot sauce mixture.
- Add veggies, such as lettuce, sliced onion, or tomato.
- Place your burger patty and top it with additional chopped jalapeños. Cover with the top half of the bun and enjoy.
Safety Rules for Grilling the Best Burgers
- When cooking ground beef, it’s important to know when the beef is done. The color itself is not a reliable indicator implying doneness. An instant-read thermometer is a sure-shot way of knowing the meat is cooked. It’s vital to ensure your beef is cooked up to 160 degrees F to be safe to eat.
- Also, always remember to wash your hands when serving and preparing food. This goes unsaid, but we often forget to wash our hands when we start cooking. If helpers are helping you out, make sure their hands are washed too.
- The beef you use should be flavorful and juicy. It should not be tough or dry. That’s why it’s important to know the lean-to-fat ratio of meat. The ideal lean-to-fat ratio should be 80/20 or 85/15.
- When preparing beef burgers, be particular about the type of cheese used. The ultimate goal of the burger is to have gooey, rich cheese that melts in your mouth. Using cheese varieties such as cheddar, Monterey, or blue cheese is great.
Our Final Thoughts
Preparing burgers sure is tricky. You have to make sure you use good quality meat and grill the patty to perfection. The sauce and toppings also make all the difference. Using Jalapeño to uplift the flavor of your burger is a great idea. It adds uniqueness to the burger and an unexpected zing. You can use diced jalapeño’s in the ground beef and other spices. You can also create a jalapeño and mayonnaise-based sauce to moisten the burger. You are using Jalapeño as a topping is also wonderful. The jalapeño burger recipes discussed in this blog are simple and easy to prepare at home. If you and your family are burger lovers, give them a try. Preparing your burgers at home can also be refreshing from consuming fast food or eating at restaurants. It comparatively is also the healthier option.