If you have embarked upon this page, chances are you already know Beyond Burgers pretty well. We are not here to sell you the benefits of going vegan. We are here to reach out to people looking for alternative dietary options.
Hello fellow vegans!
Gone are the days when you needed to scour the shelves of your local grocery store to look for ingredients that would go into the perfect vegan meal. Everything is pre-packaged nowadays, and burgers are no exception.
We have some tips and tricks to help you on your journey towards the perfect juicy Beyond Burger. Here’s how to cook Beyond Burger!
How to Store Beyond Burger
By 2025, the global market for plant-based products will be worth a whopping 77.8 billion US dollars. Despite the popularity of plant-based diets, most people do not know how to store plant-based products to extend their shelf life.
Storing the Beyond Burger how it is supposed to be stored can lead to a better taste once you cook it. All you need to do is abide by a few rules.
- Keep it refrigerated.
- Discard if left open for more than three days.
- Avoid refreezing the product.
- Thaw in the refrigerator.
- Cook it well.
Which brings us to…
How to Cook Beyond Burger
Are you looking to master the art of cooking a perfect Beyond Burger? Here’s a guide on how to cook a Beyond Burger.
Method 1: Grill It
Grilling is ideal for plant-based burgers. This is because the binding ingredient present in other burgers does not exist here. Grilling your Beyond Burger does not have to be hard. Follow the steps below.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high.
- Place your patties on the grill and wait for the sizzle!
- Season the patty before flipping it.
- Cook each side for 4-6 minutes, depending on whether the burger is thawed.
- Even when fully cooked, your burger may appear slightly pink on the edges and interior.
Method 2: Use a Skillet
A skillet operates in much the same way as a grill does. It has its drawbacks; it gives you a much smaller surface to work with, it is flat, which means your burger may stick to the cooking area, and it will not give you the satisfying ridges that a grill may sear into your burger.
Here’s how to cook Beyond Burger on a skillet.
- Preheat your skillet to medium to high heat.
- Season your patty in advance.
- Sprinkle some oil on the surface of the pan.
- Cook for 4-6 minutes per side, depending on whether your burger is frozen.
- Avoid burning the burger; Beyond Burger usually remains slightly pink even when fully cooked.
Method 3: Use an Oven When in a Hurry
Pressed for time?
No stove or grill in sight?
Not to worry!
You can cook your Beyond Burger inside your oven too!
- Preheat to 400°F.
- Place your burgers on an oven-friendly tray (avoid using baking sheets).
- Leave them in the oven for 10-15 minutes (depending on whether they have been thawed).
- Remember to flip them at the halfway mark!
If you are missing vital appliances and are in the mood to get creative, we have one last suggestion for you. Here’s a creative spin on how to cook Beyond Burger!
Method 4: Air Fryers!
This method does not even require you to thaw your Beyond Burger. You can air fry it frozen!
People have been coming up with more and more creative ways to cook different cuisine. Frying a Beyond Burger is not recommended, but air frying is a whole other ball game.
If you want to make a healthy burger even healthier, air fry it!
All you need to do is preheat your air fryer to 400°F and then cook it evenly on both sides for approximately 4-6 minutes!
Things To Avoid
There are certain things you should avoid when using Beyond Burger. These guidelines are for your safety and benefit.
- Do not overuse oil. Plant-based burgers release oil when cooked due to the plant-based ingredients present within them.
- Do not use an expired Beyond Burger. This may lead to food poisoning.
- Lean towards undercooking your Beyond Burger instead of overcooking it (it is a plant-based burger, so you do not need to worry about salmonella poisoning).
- Thaw your burger for the best results (and to avoid splattering oil).
Recipe For Success!
One of the best ways to enjoy your Beyond Burger is also, coincidentally, one of the simplest. You need to remember that the ingredients that go into the making of the patty are delicious in themselves. Overpowering them with additional items takes away from the original flavor of the burger.
We have just the thing for you! Here’s how to cook a delicious Beyond Burger that will wow your guests and taste buds!
Disclaimer: This is a general recipe used in most American homes. Any similarities to recipes online are coincidental.
- Dijon Mustard
- Fresh Buns
- Make an aioli. It’s quite simple. Combine three to four cloves of garlic with a spoon of lemon juice, a dash of salt, a spoon of Dijon Mustard, and half a cup of mayonnaise. You have your base!
- Crisp up your buns and cook your patty (seasoned with salt and pepper).
- Lather a generous amount of aioli onto the buns and place the patty on top.
- Add cucumber, tomato, and onion slices.
Plant-based burgers are becoming popular as the days go by. We think sticking to the basics helps. If you want to truly enjoy these plant-based recipes, keep your cooking simple. There is no need to buy expensive artificial products when you can make your own sauces at home!
Try the Beyond Burger or cook it for relatives who can benefit from its health benefits.
If you are looking for more recipes relating to how to cook Beyond Burger, you can try the official Beyond Burger suggestions!