Who doesn’t love a delicious hamburger? With the global surge in popularity of burgers, many different variations of the classic hamburger have come about. Burgers are also filling and wholesome. One variation of the burger is the breakfast burger. Burgers are wonderful breakfast foods as you can prepare them in many different ways. You can use whole wheat buns instead of white bread buns if you want something healthier. You can also use potato buns if you want a gluten-free option. Instead of cheese, tomatoes, and onions, you can top your breakfast burger with egg and green vegetables. This variation makes burgers perfect for breakfast. Many fast-food chains also offer breakfast burgers on their menu.
But if you enjoy preparing your meals, why not try making the breakfast burger at home? Preparing your burger will also be healthier as you completely control the ingredients.
Breakfast Burger Recipes
Here are some breakfast burger recipes that are quick and simple to prepare at home.
The Ultimate Breakfast Burger – Bistro Style
This recipe is easy to prepare and will take a total time of 40 minutes. It makes succulent, melt-in-your-mouth burgers that are hard to resist.
Tomato Ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, chilli powder, hot sauce, ground beef, sweet paprika, ground black pepper, thickly cut bacon, eggs, sesame seed burger buns, melted butter for brushing the buns, and cheese.
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees Celsius. Next, prepare the sauce. Combine the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, hot sauce, and chilli powder in a bowl. Set the bowl aside.
- Take another bowl and place the ground beef in it. Add the paprika, salt, and pepper. Gently mix these ingredients and form 5-inch-thick patties. Cover the patties and set them aside.
- Next, cook the bacon in a non-stick skillet for 8 minutes until the bacon is crispy. Drain the skillet off the bacon fat, but reserve two teaspoons of the fat. Add the burgers to the same skillet and cook until they are nicely browned on the outside. Cook for four minutes on either side for medium-rare burgers. Place the burgers in the oven on a rimmed baking sheet until you cook the eggs.
- Add the two teaspoons of bacon fat to the skillet and crack the eggs. Cook for five minutes until the whites are nicely set. Add salt and pepper to the eggs while cooking.
- Brush the burger buns with melted butter and place them in the oven until nicely toasted and crispy on the inside. This should take about 10 minutes.
- Build the burger. Place the hamburger patty on the base, and add a slice of cheese, the bacon, and the fried egg. Lather the sauce on the top bun and cover the burger. Serve immediately.
Easy Breakfast Burgers
These easy breakfast burgers can be enjoyed with the whole family for a lazy weekend breakfast. They require a total prep time of 35 minutes.
To make the sauce, you will need:
Mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, salt, and pepper.
To make the burgers:
Ground beef, Italian sausage with removed casings, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt, pepper, olive oil, sharp cheddar, brioche buns, fried eggs, cooked bacon, tomato slices, and iceberg lettuce.
- Start by making the sauce. Whisk together the mayo, mustard, ketchup, salt, and pepper. Place the sauce in the fridge until ready to lather.
- Next, prep the patties. Take a mixing bowl and place the beef. Add the sausage, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well with your hands. Be careful not to over mix. Mixing the patty will make it chewier instead of the melt-in-your-mouth tenderness you want. Shape four-ounce patties that measure 4 inches in diameter. Place the patties in the fridge for half an hour.
- You can cook the patties either in a cast-iron skillet or a stovetop girdle. Pour one tablespoon of oil into the pan and place on medium-high heat. Place the burger patties and cook until they reach the level of doneness you want. Before removing the patties from the heat, place a slice of cheese on them and let the cheese melt.
- Cut the buns in half and lather each side with sauce. Place the cheeseburger patties on the base bun and top with crispy bacon, tomatoes, lettuce, and a fried egg. Place the top bun and enjoy.
You can also add a slight variation to your burger by changing the sauce. Instead of adding mayo, ketchup, and mustard-based sauce, you can use spiced tomato jam.
To make the spiced tomato jam, you will need chopped tomatoes, sugar, lemon juice, ginger, cumin, cinnamon, curry powder, and salt.
Add all these ingredients to a stainless-steel pot and place on medium-high heat.
Once the mixture begins to boil, reduce the heat to medium-low. Continue to simmer the mixture until it reaches a thick jam-like consistency. This will take about one hour.
Our Final Thoughts
These breakfast burger recipes are perfect if you want to indulge at home. They are a healthier alternative to eating out. These easy burgers are ideal for the weekend when the whole family is home, and there are no hurried mornings. They are also great after a fun night with friends to get over the effects of a hangover! You can use the traditional mayo, ketchup, and mustard-based sauce, or lather homemade spiced tomato jam on the burgers for a slight variation. Whatever you choose, rest assured you will have mouth-watering burgers to curb hunger.